Smart Ocean Technology: Connect at Avery Point
Don’t miss out on today’s Innovation Connection networking event, which takes place at UConn’s beautiful Avery Point campus and features a discussion on “Smart Ocean Technology” followed by a cocktail reception.
- Dr. Francis (Frank) Chan is the Director of Science and Technology for the Undersea Electromagnetic (USW) Systems Department at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI. His department develops, acquires, installs, modernizes and maintains the world’s most capable USW Electromagnetic Systems.
- Dr. Jun-Hong Cui is Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Connecticut. In collaboration with the University of Washington, her latest research established the vision for a new National Science Foundation (NSF) Smart Ocean Technology Research Center.
- John Duke, Founder of CurveWater, LLC, is an independent inventor based in Providence, RI. His current project is a hydrokinetic turbine for utility scale power generation from ocean and tidal currents, in development with Brown University School of Engineering.
- Peter Legnos is Founder of LBI Inc., a design, development and manufacturing company specializing in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering based in Groton, CT.
- Dr. Tim Tylaska is Founder and CEO of Tylaska Marine Hardware in Mystic, CT. His patented, novel release mechanism and other products are used on every America’s Cup sailing yacht.
Everyone is invited!
3:00 – 4:00 – Panel Discussion Smart Ocean Technology – Opportunities & Challenges, Marine Science Building, Room 103
4:00 – 6:00 – Innovation Connection networking reception and tours, Branford House
University of Connecticut Avery Point Campus, 1084 Shennecossett Road, Groton, CT 06340; 860-405-9000
Directions to the Avery Point Campus may be found here.
Please RSVP to attend this event.