YouTube Contest Nets a Winner
In March, we invited students, alumni, faculty and staff to make their own YouTube videos of two minutes or less and to submit them for the School’s first YouTube contest. Various themes were suggested, including student or alumni testimonials, simple engineering lessons, research, senior design projects and student life.
We received four great entries, and one was singled out for top honors by a diverse review committee. The four entries listed below may be viewed by clicking on the title. They may also be accessed from the YouTube icon appearing on our website at www.engr.uconn.edu.
- Producer: Cliff Birtwell
- Cast includes student peers
- Producers: Susan Bakulski, Kevin Brown and Stephen Prusaczyk
- Consultant: Dr. Richard Christenson and Adam Scianna
- Producers: Brian Burke, Eric Lovejoy and Shelley Plude
- Consultant: Dr. Richard Christenson and Zhaoshuo Jiang
- Producers: Nicolas Nicolaou, Seda Davtyan and Therese Smith
- Cast includes: Hang Dinh (guest speaker) and members of Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the international Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines
Now that a few of you have dipped your toes in the video production waters, we decided to schedule a SECOND YouTube contest for the fall term. Details will follow. Meanwhile, we invite you to view these original YouTube videos.